Nerf Rival Tactical Vest

Home Forums General Discussion Nerf Rival Tactical Vest

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Imatron
    Participant

If you haven’t seen it already:

https://www.amazon.com/Nerf-12010-Rival-Tactical-Vest/dp/B01BHLQ2ZM/ref=sr_1_14?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1468812613&sr=1-14&keywords=nerf+rival

Apparently this official Rival vest has a way to track your “life”, but my guess is you just pull a “hit point” patch off of a velcro spot. Sadly the concept is probably worthless when you have players who “cheat” by doing things like resetting their laser tag vests when they THINK they’re out of your hearing distance >_> (Which was EVERYONE I ever played with, thank goodness the Tiger laser tag blasters had anti cheat timers…)

Plus it only goes to three. I’ve never been in a serious “nerf battle”, so Im curious if its a common thing to lose count of how many times you’ve been hit, particularly when its under five times. That said, I really feel like the vest should have five HP patches.

Imatron
    Participant

I hope “bumping” my topic is ok since its been a while and Im updating the information on this item.

I was at ToysRus today and delighted to find a Nerf Rival Atlus, and close by these vests were on available. The Rival vests were a very reasonable 19.99 USD. In fact, non rival nerf vests are on sale for just a few bucks OVER that online. The hit points rely on your opponent to be paying attention to when he gets hit, and he must manually pull up a two-sided yellow/black piece of cloth sown into the upper left part of the chest, and fold it over on one side or the other. Both the black and yellow side have velcro strips at the end, to hold it in place in either position.

I didn’t buy it so I couldn’t tell you if it fits a grown man. For 20 bucks it seems reasonable, provided you have enough people to play games with nearby.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.